The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our products and services and our business relationship with you. Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you – including your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Billing information related to your financial relationship with us — including your payment data, credit history, credit card number, Social Security numbers, security codes, and service history;
- Equipment, Performance, Clarity’s Website Usage, Viewing and other Technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You give it to us when you purchase or interact with us about a product or service we offer or provide;
- We collect it automatically when you visit our websites or use our products and services;
- We obtain it from other sources, such as credit agencies.
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide you with the best customer experience possible;
- Provide the services you purchase, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Deliver customized content and advertising that may be of interest to you;
- Address network integrity and security issues;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms and Conditions or Acceptable Use Policies; and
- Provide local directory and directory assistance.
With Clarity Companies: Subject to applicable legal restrictions, such as those Federal Communications Commission rules, orders and regulations that exist for Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), the Clarity companies may share your Personal Information with each other to make sure your experience is as seamless as possible, and you have the full benefit of what Clarity has to offer.
With Non- Clarity Companies: We share your Personal Information only with non- Clarity companies that perform services on our behalf, and only as necessary for them to perform those services.
- We require those non-Clarity companies to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this policy.
- We do not provide Personal Information to non-Clarity companies for the marketing of their own products and services without your consent.
In Franchisor-Franchisee Relationships: In situations where there exists a Franchisor-Franchisee relationship and Clarity is providing services to the Franchisee, Clarity may disclose the Franchisee’s personal calling data to the Franchisor under the following circumstances:
- When instructed to by the Franchisee customer of Clarity;
- When required by Franchisor pursuant to contract between Franchisee and a Franchisor when such contract provision is disclosed to Clarity and Franchisee has not otherwise objected to such disclosure in writing to Clarity prior to activation of the service; and/or
- When the calling data provided by Clarity is in aggregate form and is only being used to identify geographic or durational patterns that can assist with planning or optimizing Clarity’s network.
In Other Circumstances: We may provide Personal Information to non-Clarity companies or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Responding to 911 calls and other emergencies;
- Complying with court orders and other legal process;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights; and
- Obtaining payment for products and services that appear on your Clarity billing statements, including the transfer or sale of delinquent accounts to third parties for collection
Anonymous & Aggregate Information
- We collect some information on an anonymous basis. We also may anonymize the personal information we collect about you.
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- When we employ non- Clarity companies to anonymize or aggregate data on our behalf, the requirements for sharing Personal Information with non- companies apply.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non- Clarity entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not sell your Personal Information to anyone for any purpose. Period.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a customer, or until it is no longer needed for business, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by Clarity.
- We require non- Clarity companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any other purpose.
Customer Privacy Controls and Choices
- You can review and correct your Personal Information collected by us.
- You can limit certain types of solicitation communications from Clarity, including marketing contacts made via telephone, e-mail and text messaging.
- We will provide you with notice of changes to this policy.
Your California Privacy Rights