Using Your Phone Service
For phones with an envelope icon or voicemail icon simply press the key and enter your access code. Press 1 to hear your messages. Press 4 in the voicemail menu to setup a new greeting. For phones that do not have a Messages button, press *97 on the keypad, then enter your access code. If this is the first time setting up the greeting, the phone will prompt you through how to record a greeting after prompting you to record your name.
Contact Technical Support at 800.676.3995 to setup a forwarding code. Once the code is setup:
- Option 1: Dial the 3-digit code on your Clarity phone to enable forwarding
- Option 2: Download and install the Clarity Office Anywhere mobile app, then dial the 3-digit code on the app:
- Option 3: Log into the Clarity portal to forward your calls. To obtain your login credentials, please call Technical Support at 800-676-3995.
- In your web browser, navigate to portal.clarityvoice.com
- Click the “Manage Organization” Link at the top of the page
- Click the Users tab search for the Main Routing User
- Hover over the Main Routing User and click the pencil icon at the far right. Choose Answering Rules in the dropdown box
- Hover over the answering rule you wish to enable and click the pencil icon at the far right
- When the white box pops up, check the box for Enabled
- Click Save
- An Attended Transfer is used when you would like to speak with whom you’re transferring the call. Press the TRANSFER soft key, then enter the extension number. Wait for the transferring party to answer the phone (either the transferring party will answer or their voicemail will answer the phone), then press the TRANSFER soft key again. A Blind Transfer is used when you don’t need to speak with whom you’re transferring a call. Press the TRANSFER soft key, then press the BLIND soft key. Finally, enter the extension number and hang up.
Yes! Call support at 800-676-3995 to set up SMS, if it’s not already set up. Employees can then login to Portal to send/receive both SMS and MMS text messages.
Login to Portal and click the Call History button on the top. To the far right of each call detail record, there will be a download and listen button for the recording.
There are several ways to listen to your voicemails remotely:
- Download the clarity office anywhere app from the App (iOS) or Play (Android) store. Once the app is downloaded, sign in using your Portal login. Click the voicemail icon to access your messages.
- Login to Portal and select My Account in the upper right corner. Then choose Messages.
- Call your phone extension and wait for your voicemail greeting to play. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press *. Then, enter your Access Code and press 1 to listen to your messages.
If dialing an extension directly doesn’t ring the phone and sends the caller straight to voicemail, there is a chance the phone may be on Do Not Disturb (DND).
- On most Polycom phones if a phone is on DND, there will be a small symbol of a handset with a line through it in the top right-hand corner of the screen . If you see this symbol, dial *79 to re-enable the phone.
- If you continue to have issues, please call support at 800-676-3995
Login to Portal and select the Inventory tab to view a list of your phone numbers. Make note of the Destination User for your numbers. Then, select the Users tab to locate the user that your numbers are directed to (if you do not see the user, scroll to the bottom of the screen and uncheck “hide system users”)
- Once you select the user, click the Answering Rules tab
- Click the Allow/Block button at the top right
- A new pop-up window appears. Enter in the number under the Blocked Numbers section and press the + button to add it to the list.
- Click Done
For phones with an envelope icon or voicemail icon press the key and enter your access code. For phones that do not have a Messages button, press *97 on the keypad, then enter your access code. Press 2 in the voicemail menu to change your access code.
If you cannot remember your voicemail access code, you can reset the code through the Portal. Click My Account in the upper right corner, then select Profile. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter a new PIN. Click Save.
It is likely someone may have used *67 to block the caller ID at some point. On the phone, please dial *68 to unblock the caller ID. If the caller ID is still showing as anonymous, call our support team at 800-676-3995.
Yes! You can use our Clarity Office Anywhere mobile app. You can download the clarity office anywhere app from the App (iOS) or Play (Android) store (there will be two versions available. The Pro version is the paid version)
- Once the app is downloaded, sign in using your Portal login
- Once you are logged in you will use the dial pad button at the bottom of the screen to place calls out to customers. Your caller ID will show as if the call was coming from your business and not your cell phone.
Once you sign into the Portal select the Auto Attendants tab
- Select the auto attendant you wish to add or change a greeting
- Select the speaker icon to the left of option 1 (it will display “manage audio” when you hover over it).
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter a description
- Choose either Upload (to upload an .mp3 or .wav file) or choose Record. If you choose Record, a new box will appear with “call me at”. Enter your extension or 10-digit cell phone number and click Call
- Answer your ringing phone. You will hear the following message “Please start recording after the tone. When finished press #”. After the beep, record the message. When finished, press # and hang up the call.
- Click Done and the new recording will be added. If the auto attendant has not been placed into routing yet, please call support at 800-676-3995 to have it added to your routing.
The reason Clarity is able to offer such exceptionally economic pricing is because we do not run our own wires to your business. Clarity must rely on the public internet to fulfill this requirement. Unfortunately, if your internet connection is unavailable, so will your Clarity IP phones unless you have a backup internet connection. If you do experience an internet outage, call Clarity Support immediately at 1(800) 676-3995 and report the outage to us. We can forward all of your calls to one or multiple cellphones until your internet connection is restored. There is no charge for this service.
To cancel any or all services, please call 248-809-5340.
Setting Up Your Phone Equipment
Your Clarity phone will work without using a Clarity router, however, voice quality may be choppy and audio may be lost. By installing and configuring a QoS (Quality of Service) router, voice traffic is prioritized over data traffic and the QoS will help maintain a better voice connection.
- Our Watchdog Service™ ensures all your internet connected devices operate at top performance with added protection from outside threats. Learn more
- Netgear Router – A router is the device that links your computers and VoIP phone to your Internet connection and provides voice quality assurance. While your Clarity phone will work without a Clarity supplied router, the quality and consistency of the audio may be below what is acceptable for a business environment. Learn More
- Other Recommended Firewalls for VoIP Phones:
- To change your wireless password on your Netgear router, navigate to http://192.168.15.1 (login = root / password = default).
- Click on the Basic tab on the left-side menu
- Scroll to the bottom of the page (“wireless” section)
- SSID: This is your wireless network name
- Shared Key: Click in this box to reveal your current password
- Update your password and click Save
Please call our billing department at 248-849-9080
Navigate to clarityvoice.com/begin and select “Virtual Training”. Select an open date and time that works for you, then complete the contact information.
Contact your Account Manager and they will guide you through the process. If you’re not sure who your Account Manager is, call the Main Sales number at 800-786-6160, option 3.
|· Auto Attendant||· All features in Basics Plan, plus:|
|· Hunt Group||· SMS/MMS Business Texting|
|· Simul Ring to Cell Phone & Call Flip||· Call Recording|
|· Music/Message on Hold||· Ring All Call Queue|
|· Office Anywhere Web Phone||· Analytics Reporting|
|· Clarity Office Anywhere Mobile App||· Call Monitoring|
|· Video Calling||· Internal Chat|
|· Voicemail to Email & Text Notifications||· Voicemail Transcription|